Saturday, November 27, 2004
Its a shame that his music cant reach out to a bigger global audience because he sings in Urdu/Hindi.
But his words are surely the most powerful of all current singers ( according to me ).
The best music to listen to....
The best music to share your thoughts with...
The best music to live with....
The best music to love with...
The best music to die with....
3 lines from his first song/album
Teri Haqeeqat tu Jaane
Mitti mein sab mil jayega
Sirf pyar reh jayega
Translated in English
You only know your truth
Everything has to end one day
Only LOVE will remain in the end
Sunday, November 21, 2004
Clicked this pic of my brother when he just came out after a bath.. with his gelled hair.The pic makes it seem as if , his hair line is receading fast....which is definately not the case....!!! ;-)
Saturday, November 20, 2004
Photographer Peter Lindberg's interpretation of the 2002 Pirelli Calendar paid homage to Hollywood and to seduction. For the first time actresses were used instead of models, dressed with lingerie by Giorgio Armani. The shoot took a week on the city street back lot of Universal Studios with a crew of nearly 100 people, with enough time and budget to film a movie. Above, sexy young actress James King from Pearl Harbor on the Universal Studios city set in the pose that was her calendar page shot.
The Pirelli 2005 Calendar
On November 18th 2004, at the Copacabana Fort in Rio de Janeiro, was revealed the world premiere of the Pirelli 2005 Calendar, the most exclusive world event for beauty lovers, fashion followers and photography connoisseurs. Shot by world-renowned French photographer Patrick Demarchelier, the 2005 Pirelli Calendar has chosen the spectacular setting of Rio de Janeiro, the metropolis that, as Naomi Campbell says (appearing for the third time in the "The Cal") "reflects the Brazilian people's energetic and positive spirit".
Tuesday, November 16, 2004
Goa is WOW : Its been my long unfulfilled desire to enjoy a Christmas and New years in Goa simultaneously. With some luck on my side , I will be celebrating them in December this year in Goa.
Where is Goa : Its amazing , Goa has been among the TOP 10 World travel destinations and has been highly rated by Top Travel Magazines like Conde Nast Traveller. Still many people in the world dont know where is Goa...Is it a part of India ..and so forth..I got big ???? from Dave , when I told him I am going to Goa in late december this year. He asked where is Goa ???
Frustating Goa : Goa can be a real pain in the a** if you dont do your Flight and hotel bookings 3 months in advance of Xmas and New year celebrations. I got a taste of the frustration. My flight bookings are done ( I know how I managed to get them done and what all I went through in doing this .Bloody F**** is the experience of dealing with ticketing agents).But my Hotel Bookings are still pending and the options are few and ALL are very damn expensive. I am trying to explain to my travel agent that" I am not BUYING a Hotel in Goa " .
A detailed beach map of Goa is above for my ready reckoner - if I wish to buy any Real Estate there ;-) God Help me !!!
Veer Zaara ( ***) :
I had to watch the Saturday night show of this movie on the next day of Diwali . All thanks to my mom who is a Die-hard-SRK-Fanatic .The much awaited Bollywood-Mega- Diwali -Flick -of -the- year is Value for money according to me.
- I would call this movie OKAY TIMEPASS variety for people looking for DIFFERENT STORIES in their movies.
- I would call it EXCELLENT for DIE HARD ROMANTICS who like Yash Chopra movies.
- I would call it SUICIDAL for people who HATE MUSH and ROMANCE in their movies.
Watch it depending on your TYPE !!!
P.S : No matter how much you like the movie. You will simply LOVE the Songs once you see the movie.They are ALL brilliant.
Choker Bali ( *****) : Got a DVD of this movie and saw it during my Diwali Weekend .One of the finest movies I have seen this year.I dont know Bengali and saw the dubbed Hindi version of the movie.The story is taken from the famous novel by the same name by Rabindranath Tagore.What is most amazing thing to note are the modern and liberal thoughts projectected in the movie of the female protagonist of the movie ( A widow in the pre independence era) .For a story written in pre Indian independence era , it can put to shame most modern thinkers of today !!! Amazing acting by Aishwarya Rai in the movie.
Check out the full review
Check out the preview
Thursday, November 11, 2004
May your Diwali be filled with ALL THE BEST FIREWORKS in the world !!!!! ;-)
ALL ~ covers everything ...not just crackers !!!
This pic above is my " PG 15" Diwali card featuring who else but Laetitia- which I have sent to my clients , co-workers , freinds and family !! Click on the pic for a Full View :-)
Wednesday, November 10, 2004
I have sold New Media services to clients in regions like Mexico , Cyprus, Moscow .Hence any news of a region or country developing as a big destination for marketing is definately good news !!!
UK was always very big ...its just getting bigger and maturer !!!
Way to go ....UK !!
MSN India - British firms outsource 400,000 jobs
Friday, November 05, 2004
When I saw this magazine today....this song came to my mind...Darren Hayes ( Popular ) ;-)
Tuesday, November 02, 2004
I am always asked these questions manier times .....
- Whats inspires me to blog ?
- What inspired me to blog ??
- How do I get the time ?
- Am I "vella "? ("vella " in punjabi means.. too free to do anything -silly ) ?
- Am I nerdy /geeky ???
- Or the funniest of them all ...Is there a girl I am trying to impress?
Hmmm...I guess one small answer to all these questions asking my inspiration.... is this - comment on my blog..!! A small example .
But I have my own "personal " reasons to blog ( read below ).
However there are some other MAJOR " inspirations" on which I will need a full dedicated post to write on.
In short , Mohitinhere's Reason to blog :
- Saves life ( something like saving trees!!) : I believe writing a web journal/or a blog helps you to save life..whos life?? your own silly !!
- Time pass in office/home when you have nothing to do : Instead of getting into unnecessary arguments in office with co-workers over who drinks the coffee most?? and who spills the water at the cooler ?? , OR trying to win lost battle with clients over scope of work OR trying to ensure your girlfreind is not two timing on you yet at the same time complementing on her great looks ( when you wish inside if you are really bling !! ). Or spreading unnecessary gossip?? or discussing Bush vs Kerry ??( the result of which is probably pre decided amongst those two fellas )......LET THE BLOGGING RULE !!
- An excuse to not exercise and goto the gym : What will you achieve will HULK HOGANNISH biceps and Tom Cruise looks ??? Nicole is still going with someone else .....forget it...
- Dating - Wanna date the TYPE X girl ?? : Have a non internet savvy but sexy girl next door and not enough courage to speak to her ?? Keep your blog updated and take regular printouts from the company laser jet printer ( what use are they for anyways!! ) . Contact your local newspaper guy and bribe him to insert your blogs printout in her newspapers PAGE 3 or her Cosmo !!!! It works...no jokes..!!
- Keep your Porn surfing at one place : You never know when and where you might need your daily dose of porn ( guys and gals included). Also the IE favorites and Windows are as always "crashhhy by nature " . Do your homework.....Keep all the hot images , and username and passwords handy .!!! How ...simple...post them on your blog and make it Personal ( you might wanna make it public and see it as charity to the society...after all you have good taste..dont ya ;-) !!! )
- A tool to impress your boss : Bosses dont go in details...they look at the top view...!! There are so many things you want him to know about you ????? You are smart , full of ideas , full of talent ....plus you have great taste.....blog is the place ..invite your boss over to the blogging fun. You never know ..he might allocate a blogging time at office expense just for you , which you can use to take the benefits listed above...!!!!!!!
P.S : Anonymous , please let me know who you are ?..So that I can thank you !!
Monday, November 01, 2004
One rainy afternoon,
Six years later,
Two estranged lovers met,
To play the game of words.
RAINCOAT ( yet to be released ) , by Rituparno Gosh - its my assumption is very much inspired by the Before Sunset/Sunrise movies !! However even if its not inspired, it surely fits into the same genre of movies.
Two people sitting - talking - and the conversation taking the story forward /backward/ or NO where!!
However even though the story might not go anywhere - the audiences hearts and mind surely will travel long distances in time !! Guaranteed !!
I am eagerly looking forward to watching this one and suggest you also watch out for this !!
For now www.raincoatthefilm.com will do !!
Also see http://www.indiafm.com/feature/04/may/1705raincoat/index.shtml for a synopsis !!
Before Sunrise ( ***** ) :
A CLASSIC !!
I had seen this movie some 4 years ago on TV ( dont remember the channel , but I think it was Star Movies ).
What makes me write this post is the brilliant sequel to this which I saw lately.
For someone who hasnt seen any of the movies, it would make perfect sense to watch these 2 movies back-to-back.
Both are equally brilliant ( some critics prefer the 1st part more..but I disagree ) and equally engrossing..!!
Whats ponders me is..... whether the director decided he would make sequel after 10 years when he released the original in 1995 ??
Anyways..If you have a taste for "refreshingly different cinema with a unique experience value " watch these two...
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!
Before Sunset ( ***** ) :
The best a movie experience one can get !!!
Unique - Engrossing - Different - and yes .....it will leave you thinking for a looooong time afterwards....WATCH IT !!
The experience of watching this sequel to Before Sunrise is different..very different..
Both movies are similar in concept and execution....
- No defined storyline in the general sense
- No support characters ( the movie features only the hero and the heroine )
- Fluid camera motion and brilliant cinematogrpahy
- Well conversed and thoughtprovoking words interplay between the lead pair is THE script
This movie changed my weekend thoughts , plans and everything that comes with living for the moment....I just realised...I.......forget it ....!!!
Lets move with the synopsis ...
When Jesse (Ethan Hawke) and Celine (Julie Delpy) met on a Eurail train, the connection between them was immediate and profound. The 14-hour relationship that followed, as the pair explored the spontaneous and unexpected in Vienna, ended on a train platform where they swore they'd meet again six months later.
Nine years have passed since that morning.
On the last stop of his book tour, at the tail end of a reading in a Paris book shop, Jesse finds Celine watching from the back of the room. She lives in Paris now, he in New York. He's flying out that evening and they utilize every moment, finding their human connection no less vital, inspiring or real than it was in nine years ago in Vienna.
In a stimulating and revealing journey through Paris, in real time, these two individuals explore the inner workings of their hearts and minds and rediscover their rare yet powerful love for the unexpected, the unrehearsed, and each other.
Warner Independent Pictures and Castle Rock Entertainment present a sequel to the acclaimed 1995 film Before Sunrise. Directed by Richard Linklater, the visionary behind such films as Dazed and Confused and Waking Life, BEFORE SUNSET tells the timeless romantic story of two questing hearts and minds whose powerful bond defies time and place.
More on http://wip.warnerbros.com/beforesunset/
Peppers at Hotel Bristol ( Gurgaon ) on Sat nite with freinds. A view of the bar counter and me waiting for my drink !!! Why are these bar tenders guys so slow - even when there isnt much rush ???? (The reason is simple -they wanna give us enough time to think on the tip amount !! )
My night at Peppers would have been great fun and refreshing for me on any other regular day .But this time....something was missin...!!! Dont know wot ...but just didnt feel in the mood !!
Anyways tried to enjoy as much as I could.
I think it was the thoughts...thoughts....hmmm...read above !!!
Some movies - leave you pondering........they make you :
- Reflect back at your past
- Analyse your present
- Refrain you from planning for future
- Make you live for the moment
Seems beautiful doesnt it ....?? But what can you do ....
if the moment is missing ????????????
This weekend ( Fri nite , Sat day /nite , Sun day /nite) went as a mixed bag !! Mixed bad...why ?? Hmmm....I think I could have made more use of my time which I wasted lazing around and could have caught up with some pending personal work and stuff .I guess just didnt feel like it. There are some 20 + items on my personal to do list , which I havent even started on ...Lazy me !!!
A quick glance at my weekend went something like this :
- 29th Oct (Fri Night ) : Came home late from office around 10ishh .On my way to home , I went to the DVD guy to check out some DVDs and saw a the DVDs of a movie I have been waiting for so looong to see !!! Before Sunset ( detailed review later !! ) . Saw the movie from 11pm - 1 pm . Felt charged , refreshed and re -energized . Came online and worked till 6 am in the morning. Some emails to reply , some websites to check , clients to chat with and yeaah some blogs to read up .Slet at 7 am in the morning....its my WEEKEND ...yippieeee...
- 30th Oct ( Sat Day ) : One of the big problems with sleeping in the mornings and waking up entire night is....there is NO DAY !!! I woke up at 4 in the afternoon ...literally cursing myself.However I work in my sleep...literally...Must have attended around a dozen phone calls on my mobile in my sleep and answered properly to them .Also must have replied to some 5 -6 sms messges while sleeping..Yeaahh...try it out ..its gr8!!! This is what I call TRUE MULTITASKING !! However I covered up a lot after I woke up and did my chores for the day in the evening !!
- 30th Oct ( Sat nite ) : Felt a little weird and undecided in the night. Didnt knew whether I wanted to go out to a club on Sat nite or not ??? Couldnt decide..till one of my freinds Nikhil forced me to come along ...We went to The Peppers at Bristol ( Gurgaon ) . Reached there around 11 and had a blast till 2 pm and came home at 3:30 am( very early from our standards !!) . Not to forget after a loooong Navratras I had my fav drink ..BACARDI /w COKE ..pic on top !! .The crowd was good and awesome music by DJ Golzzzz ( Golzz in Hindi means someone who is fat , chubby and circular in shape. The resident DJ is called Golzz since he is chubby) .Watched TV for an hour or so and then came online and surfed around till 5 am .
- 31st Oct ( Sun day ) : Woke up at 2 in the afternoon .Read newspapers , watched some TV , lazed around and went for some shopping in evening !!
- 31st Oct ( nite ) : Made a schedule and task list for the coming week . Fixed my home pc and its weirdo drivers . ...and wot elzzzzz.........Bloggeeedddddddd !!!