Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Put the Glass DOWN Everyday..and Ya dont forget to BLOG !!

I KNOW , I KNOW , I KNOW ....I AM SORRY ...I AM SORRY ...This post has been long in coming , but ( this is not an excuse ) , but its a reminder to me..That how difficult is it in life to stick to SIMPLE things.

Simple thing ~ Post a Blog for 25 mins everyday.
Difficult thing ~ To implement the above.

GOD...how hard can this be ???
25 mins ??? urrrggghhh....There are so many 25 minute options in everyday life..

SLEEP for 25 mins , SWIM for 25 mins , JOG for 25 mins , READ for 25 mins , TALK to freinds for 25 mins ....So on ..and on and on...and on......!!

The fact is these small blocks of time are the most difficult to manage..
A 2 hour thingy everyday is very easily achievable..the mindy , body is selft directing towards completion of the BIG 2 hour job..

But Blog for 25 mins ?????????

If you havent got this by now ..( most of my near ones would have realised by now ,what I am trying to do ).

Making sarcastic statements against myself to ensure my mind realises that I HAVE COMMITTED A MISTAKE !!!!

A MISTAKE !!!!!

Moving on....

This email below was a forwarded message from a colleague ( Muthu ) . I liked it a lot and am posting it here , so that I can see it and have others around me view it.
The message is so TRUE and if implemented , it will surely make the journey of life more enjoyable.


A professor began his class by holding up a glass with some water in it. "How much do you think this glass weighs?'

50gms! 100gms! 125gms ......the students answered.

"I really don't know unless I weigh it" said the professor, "but, my question is: What would happen if I held it up like this for a few minutes?'

"Nothing" the students said.

"Ok what would happen if I held it up like this for an hour?" the professor asked.

"Your arm would begin to ache" said one of the students.

"What would happen if I held it for a day?"
"Your arm could go numb, you might have severe muscle stress & paralysis"

"Very good. But during all these, did the weight of the glass change? No. Then what caused the arm ache & the muscle stress?' What can I do to avoid such pain?

"Why not put the glass down!" said one of the students.

"Exactly!' said the professor. "Life's problems are something like this.
Hold it for a few minutes in your head & they seem OK. Think of them for a long time & they begin to ache. Hold it even longer & they begin to paralyze you.

You will not be able to do anything. It's important to think of the challenges (problems) in your life, but EVEN MORE IMPORTANT to 'put them down' at the end of every day before you go to sleep. That way, you are not stressed, you wake up every day fresh & strong & can handle any issue!"


No comments: